Saturday, October 04, 2008

Fall


 It's raining here in Hayden Lake, there is a chill in the air and the leaves are falling with every breeze.  I love fall it is a beautiful time of year but this one seems a bit too soon.  We had a harsh winter last year and cold spring.  The summer was incredibly nice but just not long enough.

  When I lived in Southern Utah I couldn't wait for fall after the heat blast of summer there.  But here there is no rush for cold weather.  Also, my job depending on what I'm doing can be downright nasty in winter.  Oh well,  can't stop the seasons just for my whims. 
   I have two fires going tonight one upstairs in the big brick fireplace and one downstairs in the wood stove.  Very cozy and nice.  Unfortunately my wife isn't here to enjoy the ambiance she is in St. George helping her mother who has been in the hospital.  Lisa loves Coeur d'Alene as much as I do but would prefer to spend the winters in Southern Utah which we might do someday.  North Idaho in the summer and St. George in the winter, not bad at all.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

apparently you aren't getting any of that global warming up in the panhandle.

dry fly said...

Winter here in Midway, I fed the animals in a snowstorm this morning. Not goog!