Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My Day

I woke up at 5:oo a.m. in Winnemucca Nevada. I had breakfast in the hotel cafe and was on the road before six. I drove the 60 miles to the Midas mine on a clear cool beautiful morning watching the sun rise over the Ruby Mountains of Northern Nevada. The last 4o miles was dirt road but a nice smooth one with no one else on it. When I got to the mine I entered the gate with my 'badge' and drove to the Timberline Drilling lay down. No one was there. I needed to unload some drill rods and there was no fork lift. I tried getting someone of the radio but they were underground and couldn't hear me. I waited for an hour and finally left a note and was heading out when one of the guys shows up on the Sky Track fork lift and unloaded me.
I left for the Hollister Mine another 17 miles of dirt road. When I got there no one from Timberline was around. The mine site was very busy, this is a frantic operation that is chasing high grade gold ore and the people are quite pissy. I finally found our forklift and unloaded some more rods. I left and decided to take the back roads to Elko. This was a mixed blessing as the road was rough as hell but I didn't see a soul for two hours. I finally found my way out right into the middle of the huge Barrick and Gold Quarry Mines and the maze of haul roads huge pits and other bullcrap they have. I came out in Carlin Nevada and stopped at the Flying J for a quick bite to eat and a drink. I drove the 30 miles to Elko and talked to the boys at the Elko office that I hadn't seen for three weeks and hooked up a trailer and took it Les Schwab for some new tires. I loaded some empty rod racks for an early tomorrow morning run to the Leeville Mine to pick up junk rods that I will take to the recyclers in Spokane next week. Checked out the items I will load tomorrow and will head out late for Couer d'Alene. Checked into the hotel and took a shower then went to my favorite food joint the 'Monkey Sun' kinda like Panda Express except the real thing (no english here boy). Went back to my room and watched the incredible election bullshit on the news channels and called the skirt and I will be asleep by 9:30 I won't make it home tomorrow but I will be home the next day. That was my day.

5 comments:

Tasha Larsen said...

yay! that means you will be able to take me to the airport on friday at 5am. Well of course you will need to leave your house by 4am! :) pretty please papa?

Anonymous said...

um....i was going to leave a smart ass comment about not giving enough detail in response to the one you left on mine about adalees school but i will be damned if that wasnt a very detailed post, more info than i needed, but intertainging in a informative way..

Anonymous said...

ha intertaining? or Entertaining?

thats funny.

Anonymous said...

when you going to write again????

Anonymous said...

WRITE a Blog Mister. No excuses just do it!