Sunday, February 25, 2007

El Presidente

The 2008 presidential elections are a long way off, but the campaign is already in full swing. I don't know what it is about our national candidates maybe we know too much about them, but holy crap is this the best we can do? Hillary Clinton, Rudi Guiliani, front runners, that is sad. I cannot even grasp the thought of a Hillary presidency but Guilani is too weird for me too. I just watched some old video clip of him in drag in some stunt with Trump hitting on him. Please, can we have some dignity in the Oval Office. McCain, don't like him -can't put my finger on it but it just isn't there, and he would be 72 when he takes office, and 76 at the end of his first term. No discrimination but that is too old for this high pressure, intense job. Barak Obama? light weight. Audacity of Hope? how about the reality of the world.
My pick at this early stage is Romney. He has some tangible success in business and in politics. A leader with the demeanor and communication abilities to take the office. Conservative but not one dimensionable. After watching George Bush muddle through his second term unable to communicate with and inspire his country it would be nice to see someone who can.
But can he win? Probably not, and for what. Religion. Just read an interesting article about polygamy in the Romney family tree, yikes. They aren't quitters they kept at it after the Mormon church banned it. His father was born in Mexico where his father and family were hiding from the feds. And his great great grandfather is Parley P. Pratt hisself.
Well all I can say is if the Evangelical Christians would rather back someone like Guiliani over Romney then they are so worried about theology that they are unable to think clearly. Moral high ground taken. All in all I just can't stop the horrible thought of Hillary taking the most powerful position in the world. The four horseman just might be saddling up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like and agree with almost everthing you had to say. Sick of hearing about the end of the world though. Shit is bad , shit is crazy, shit has been bad and crazy for ever. Sorry I know the " The End" wasnt your point. Im done now.

Unknown said...

Best post you have ever written. Even though I vote Libertarian normally, you may have swayed me.