Thursday, March 01, 2007

Winnemucca and Me


The real estate career is now on hiatus. Due to fiscal constraints, karma and bad attitudes I have been forced to accept employment with a drilling company. This company drills core samples in solid rock for customers all over the west. Their customer list includes mining companies, contractors and goverment agencies. Because I have a commercial drivers license I will be driving a Kenworth with a drill rig on it to the cultural epicenter of Winnemucca Nevada. My what a dream come true this will be. I have checked out the official town website for current events and found this . After I am there I will be assisting the drilling crews and engaging in some of the worst manual labor that still exists in the world today and working 12 hour shifts for 20 straight days with half of them being night shift. A quick check of the weather there revealed that despite being a godforsaken colorless, treeless desert it is just as cold there as it is here in North Idaho. Super. I don't believe my room at the Valu In has internet service so any report from me may well be never. Ohhhh shit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be sure and give my best to the gals at the Pussy Cat Ranch. Ask for Pittsburgh Nelly.

Anonymous said...

Great advice, If you want Winnemucca as your one and only address...............

Anonymous said...

We are ready for you to come home now. It's been fun, but you being gone really sucks..........