Saturday, October 13, 2007

Nuevo Laredo Part Tres

.........if you actually read this crap start at the first one down below.........

So now I have taken care of myself by seeing the good doctor I head back in the direction of the border. I stop at an open cantina for some much needed refreshment and rest. I get hit up some more for money by different people including a young girl who looked so tired that she could barely stand up. Breaks your heart to see that, I gave her some money and she wandered out into the street, I hoped someone was looking out for her. I watched the street scene in Nuevo Laredo for about 45 minutes, it was interesting. I walked toward the border and stopped at some small shops to look for some trinkets for the family. I saw a knockoff of a Louis Vitton purse and couldn't resist getting it for Lisa as a joke. I call it the Lewis Vitin bag. (she laughed but won't actually use it) I also bought Boo a Nacho Libre wrestling mask, I knew he would get a kick out of it. Got em both on a package deal for 20 bucks. Also grabbed some perfume and a bottle of Aquila Los Cosinozes. Had enough for one night and head to the bridge. I walk past the Mexican customs without a second glance from anyone and head out onto the bridge. As I walk across the bridge towards the U.S. Port of Entry I get a little nervous about my pharmaceuticals, I mean what is the worse that can happen. Arrest, jail, a vigorous beating I don't really know. So I grab the small package and toss it over the bridge I hear a faint splash as my precious purchase hit the black waters of the Rio Grande. Feeling safer now I approach the US gate, there is one guy there and no line whatsoever. He says hello, asks me if I have ID, I show him my drivers license he yawns and asks what I'm doing in Laredo. Once again I don't really know, he smiles and waves me through. Should have known I could get across the border with anything. I look like Howdy Doody and I'm sporting short pants and a Idaho drivers license and carrying a bag with a purse and a Nacho Libre wrestling mask. Good God I could have had 2 kilos of heroin in my underpants and walked through there and only gotten some bored looks from the border patrol. Oh well back in the USA at last. I miss Mexico terribly but sadly have nothing with which to deal with the pain.

No comments: