Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The Right Thing

I find myself one night recently at a WalMart in Fort Stockton, Texas. ( I know, this sounds like the start of a horror story ) I use the ATM to get some cash. I push the button for 80 bucks, four bills shuffle on out and I glance at the twenties quickly just to see if there is four of them. Later that night as I'm buying pork rinds and cerveza at seedy little convience store I notice that one of the bills is a fifty. Crap. Bad Karma, I don't like it. I don't have time for this bullshit. But seeing how my integrity is worth more than 30 bucks the next morning before I leave town I stop and go in the store to tell them that the machine gave me too much money. Turns out WalMart owns the machine but nobody wants to hear about it. The nice Mexican girl who is in charge of the place at this early hour clearly thinks I'm insane. I try to give her my name and number just in case but she doesn't want it.
I tell Lisa about it on the phone and she says if they don't want it back to just give it to charity. I decide she's right.
That night when I get to Laredo Texas I do my duty and get thirty single dollar bills. I go to a club and find a nice stripper named Charity and give them all to her. I have to admit doing the right thing does make you feel better.

***Disclaimer*** All true except the last part.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Your Loving Wife Lisa said...
Yes, I was the proud wife of such a wonderful Husband then I read the end of his great story.
I know how much he loves to be funny, lets see if he is still laughing when my kind heart and charity throw him a pillow for the couch.
Sleep well Dear!

5:42 PM

Anonymous said...

What does CJ even stand for?