Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Brother Bear

Went fishing yesterday on the Coeur d'Alene River, a rare event this summer. It was a beautiful late summer day, just a hint of fall in the air. The fishing was a bit slow, I caught some but not many, they just didn't seem very active. The day was saved by seeing a black bear up close for a few minutes. He came across the road in front of me and stopped: trying to decide whether to go back or not. I stopped my truck and watched him for awhile forgetting about my camera that was on the seat right next to me. He finally gave a little buck and romped off into the trees. They have a funny rolling gait when they run that looks comical to watch. I like bears, it's always good to see one. It reminds me that it is still a little wild out there and on any given day you just might run into Brother Bear.

No comments: