Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Hopper Time!

I fished the North Fork of the CDA yesterday and had a great day. First cast a 15 inch cutty nailed a grasshopper pattern, I caught over 10 fish with that same fly, all over 12 inches and several around the 16 inch mark. I had a big one on that I turned and got a look at but the fly pulled out, damn, it was nice. It was a hot bright day and I didn't really know if it would be good fishing or not but they are looking up for hoppers. Later in the evening a caddis hatch came off and I caught a bunch of little ones until dark. Nothing like hoppers to bring out the big ones though, I was glad to see them.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a life, Does this man have a Wife?

Anonymous said...

I did last time I checked, but I am going fishing again so I'm not sure

Unknown said...

"hopper" is it? too lazy to type out grasshopper, or is that the way the cool people say grasshopper: 'hopper'.

Maybe it is just too difficult to get those ham-fisted, over sized fingers to manipulate a keyboard, so you have take all the shortcuts you can.

Unknown said...

"hopper" is it? too lazy to type out grasshopper, or is that the way the cool people say grasshopper: 'hopper'.

Maybe it is just too difficult to get those ham-fisted, over sized fingers to manipulate a keyboard, so you have take all the shortcuts you can.

CJ's Rant said...

Its the cool way to say grasshopper. Also "grass" is a synonym for marijuana and that is for losers.

Anonymous said...

Just one simple question,
Who do you love more your WIFE or the FISH ? Life is rough we all have to make tuff choices.
To bad they all can't be, which place am I fishing today?

CJ's Rant said...

Don't make me choose woman.