Sunday, March 15, 2009

Cowboy Logic

I have a driller on my crew that is an old Nevada cowboy that has been drilling for 30 years. He is the orneriest most cantankerous guy I have ever met. But at the same time he cracks me up with his profane tirades that usually have some gem of logic and wit to them. Like this one.
They had broken a mounting bracket for a water pump and it needed to be welded. I told him where the welder was and he informed me that he knew where it was but that there wasn't a welding helmet there. And he couldn't weld without one, so having a welder didn't help much -that having one without the other was pretty worthless and if we were going to have just one he preferred it be the helmet as it was lighter and would be easier to haul around.
I told him I was picking up on the sarcasm.

No comments: