Saturday, January 21, 2006

X-Country Part Deux

The plan was for some downhill skiing but Bryant was sick so I went to plan B. Once again I loaded up the cross country skis and the dogs and went to mountains. I headed to 4th of July Pass that is east of Coeur d'Alene and found a lot fresh snow had fallen. There were a lot of snowmobile trailers parked there so I drove down a plowed road and found a turn off to a forest service road that was closed. The road had been groomed for snowmobiles so it was smooth but with a soft surface. It made the skiing smooth and easy. The road took off on a moderate uphill grade and it kept me working hard but nothing steep. I skied for a couple of miles and it was great. There was a light snow falling and it was quiet and pretty. The snow off to the side was deep and when the dogs ran out in it they disapeared from sight. I finally turned around and started down. It was perfect conditions I glided down without trouble. Nice outing, cross country skiing is great.

No comments: